June 30, 2020
Dear Auburn family,
Since we decided to suspend meeting in person a lot has changed for us all. We have been praying for you and trying to stay in touch. Many of you have been able to join us weekly for our Sunday gatherings on Zoom. While we will continue to host these Zoom meetings, we are looking forward to resuming our in-person gatherings starting July 5, 2020.
As churches in Ontario are allowed to re-open, there are challenges and restrictions that dictate steps that must be implemented in order to protect all who will enter the Chapel and, as things continue to develop, this will require us to be flexible.
Some key points to highlight;
A number of physicians have communicated that perhaps a good rule of thumb is to “stay one step behind the government and our neighbourhoods.” We want to be fully honouring and respectful of authority on the one hand, and on the other hand, not take the risk of being THAT “gathering” that is responsible for virus spread.
Senior Adults and those with significant health issues will (and should) be slower to return to our gatherings.
- Staying SAFE does not mean staying AWAY! As we move toward re-engaging in community, we can do it safely.
- Attendance will be limited to 30% of the sanctuary capacity. The maximum is 75 people.
- Please review all “Health” posters at the Chapel
- Those who are considered “Vulnerable( over 65 yrs old or have a significant health issue) should not attend in person at this time..
- Please self-screen before attending any service. If in doubt…don’t
- Our services will continue to be live on Zoom, sermons will be recorded and posted on our website
- Services will start at 10am on Sundays, unless otherwise communicated
- Please keep the 6ft physical distancing rule in effect at all times in the parking lot and in the building, with non-household members. No hand shaking, hugging, touching, etc.
- When entering the Chapel, please use the main front doors and proceed directly to your seat in the Auditorium. Please follow the “direction to travel markers “
- There will be no Sunday school nor Nursery provided at this time. Children should sit with the members of their own household
- There will be no access to the basement, vestibule, Chapel office, Nursery or bathrooms
- No outside beverages or food is allowed in the Chapel at this time. Nor will any beverages/food be provided by the Chapel
- Washrooms will be closed (except in the case of an urgent matter)
- Exiting after the service, please use the front Fire Exit or Main Side Exit, based on which is closer to you according to the side of the Auditorium you sat for the service
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on tables. Please use on entry and exit at minimum
- We ask that you bring your own mask to wear while in the Chapel building. A limited number of disposable masks will be on hand at the Chapel on an as needed basis
- Seating. Please don’t sit in pews that are closed off, and please maintain a 6 foot distance if you are sharing a pew with a non-household member. We ask that “same household members” sit together in the same pew and ‘non-same household members” sit apart
- Worship Music may be played during the service but we are following the recommendations of Peterborough Public Health who advise us against singing this time
- Hymnals, bibles and offering envelopes have been removed from the pews for the time being
- Offering… Offering bags will not be passed for the time being. Please continue to give electronically if you can. Offering can also be dropped into the box at the back of the auditorium. Physical offerings will be collected and counted a week after they are collected in order to allow for natural decontamination
- Communion…details to follow when a “Standards Safe” process is in place and a date is chosen
- Please be aware that a group photo will be taken each service as a method to record attendance
- One goal is for our gatherings to be a “touchless” experience at this time (ie. The only thing you touch is the seat you sit in.) Therefore, most doors will be propped open for entry and exiting
- No baptisms at this time
- No rentals of the Chapel will occur at this time
Note: People, other than on Sunday’s (particularly Staff- Admin. Assistant and Cleaners), should only enter the facility on Wednesday and Thursday. This allows enough time to naturally decontaminate the building after the preceding service and allow enough time to naturally decontaminate before the following service.
As you can see this will take much work, planning, and several volunteers. We ask for your full cooperation in these matters. If you have questions please contact one of the Elders or Deacons and we will do our best to answer them for you.
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the lead of our government leaders. We will keep you posted of changes as they take place. PLEASE continue pray that we will all make the most of these days for the glory of our God and Creator.
Yours in Christ,
The Auburn Bible Chapel Elders and Deacons